Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lost May

I tell myself that if I had just done what I had planned to do after the Annapurna Circuit, which is fly to Thailand, go to Ko Samui and detox for a week and then come back, well, then the trip might actually have made some sense. For some reason, the three month stretch of time that would have entailed simply made no sense. I could have been back my early May, and in reasonable physical condition and been in pretty good shape by now. Instead, I wasted May in Thailand and Japan and really tapped myself out of cash and physically spend myself as well. Not sure why I am fixating on this now. But I can't seem to get my mind off of the fact tht this is what I wanted to do and should have done and that the trip might actually have made some sense if it had been pulled off in this way. Better that the trip had been planned in advance, had been undertaken with some itinerary, budget and purpose in mind. It's not like I can say that I will learn from my mistake and do it better next time. For one, this was about as senseless and expensive wandering as the trip last year and two, I simply wo't have the money for a trip in the conceivable future. So, good or bad, it was the note I went out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment