Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sickness and Decisions

Sick, or at least not feeling well in the words of George Carlin, a condition which caused an early retreat last night. Not really sure what I am doing here anymore. There is the energy of the night, but there is not much more than that. You should not be surprised that you do not find romance in the bargirls or satisfying sex in massage parlor hand jobs. Many frustrations, one of which is not keeping track of how much anything costs, a metaphor, of course, for not keeping very good track of time. Time and money slipping away without making a very good account of either.

Currently, I am debating whether to do a trek in Nepal in early April. Probably need to make a call pretty soon, although there is always the possibility of just showing up in Nepal. Still, if I am serious about the trek, I should probably go ahead and make the reservation. The trek gets me to the end of April and after that I am just not sure. My physical condition is deteriorating. Gaining weight and out of shape. Not sure what to do once May rolls around. Can’t just sit in Tucson. If I go back, I know that will be it, I mean, I won’t soon take to the road. So I don’t want to end this journey too early, though in truth, as I said, I am not sure what the point of the whole thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment