Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Out of Shape

I was up early and running this morning in Kawagoe. Have been running every day that it has not rained. Can't believe how out of shape I am. Or rather, of course I can believe it. I actually thought all that hiking in Nepal might have done something, and perhaps if as planned I'd gone down to Ko Samui to clean myself out, well, I might have actually have been in pretty good condition. Now I am in terrible shape and I never feel good like this. Last year, one of the things that inspired me was reading a book by a well-known Japanese writer and his twenty year long love affair with running. It inspired me to get back and shape and even run two marathons last year. The one thing that might hold me back from going to China in the fall is the inability to train. Wherever I settle, it will have to be a place that is a good place to run: clean air, good trails. I just don't see how in the near term my life shapes up to be consistent with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment