Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stumped and Exhausted

Well, I have been sitting in Chiang Mai, Thailand for the past two weeks, awiating word about a summer position I applied for with the Peace Corps. I recently discovered that I did not get the position. I was actually a bit surprised, because I thought I was very qualified for the position. Perhaps overqualified. As Michael Keaton said in Nightshift, "I was too good." That is at least what I tell myself. Now, I must decide on my next move. I will leave Chiang Mai in a few days and visit my friend in Japan and then return to the States. And then, I don't know. I really overexpended my psychic and financial resources on this trip. But I can't just sit around on my return and do nothing. I am considering returning to China for a year to work on my next project, but sometimes I think I could just as easily blow that off. So for the present, I am stumped

No comments:

Post a Comment