Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let's hope it's not a sign

Two things that I had forgotten about emerged in the past 24 hours to give an indication of the current state of things. First, a couple of months ago I sent a couple of sample chapters of the book to an agent who was recommended to me by an associate. I felt fortunate to even get an agent to look at it, since generally unagented writers have a hard time gaining even the attention, much less the representation, of an agent. Anyway, I just received news that the agent “did not fall in love with the project” and so was rejecting it. And then, almost three or so months ago I had applied for a Peace Corps job. I assumed because it had been so long that I had not gotten it, but when I saw the e mail I thought there was some chance I might be in the running. But when I opened it up it was simply a form letter telling me that the position had been filled. In any case, this didn’t exactly do a lot to lift my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment