Saturday, October 17, 2009

Things to do in Denver

I am sitting in a hotel room in Denver watching the second game of the American League Championship Series as it goes into extra innings. It's the night before the Denver marathon. The plan was to run this marathon and then two weeks later I was to be in Indonesia with the Peace Corps. Then the Peace Corps mission was delayed until December and now it has been put off until next spring when it will be too late for me to go. So now, the whole point of the marathon seems to be lost, at least on me. The truth is, right now I am having a hard time recovering from this Peace Corps stint being cancelled. Of course, the Peace Corps probably did me a favor. What my next move would was going to have be decided at some point, and the Peace Corps Indonesia was a delaying tactic at best. And given the fact that I am not getting any younger, it was probably good thing to have to confront this sooner rather than later. Still, I do feel I need a break and so after this marathon plan on taking one--a trip somewhere. Oh yeah, I was supposed to at least have the fate of the book decided by mid-October but now that has been put off for another month. Nothing is going according to schedule. But that, I think, is to be expected during this transition period. Indeed, it would be kind of boring if everything went according to schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment