Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today is the first day...

...of being offiically unemployed. First day in twenty years I was not officially associated with a university. Feels strange. Really, I didn't think it would feel any different but it does. I can no longer say "I am on sabbatical." Instead, I must confront the full implications of what I have done. I think I will take today to reread, "Who moved my cheese." I need to plot some strategy for the future (as opposed to strategy for the past). I should map out at least five different scenarios for the future. Well, one thing is I am hestitant to apply for that university job in Beijing. I sort of like the notion of being a free agent, unattached to any institution. Since I feel I sort of wasted the year paid off I need to do something to make sure I do better with the ensuing time. Try to put an end to the sloppiness. Remember, the trip you end up taking for the most part is the trip you planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment