Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some Options

OPTIONS
1. Get the job at CEA and do the online MSW program. Analysis: Seems very unlikely that I will get the CEA job. There is still some question about whether I want to go back to a regular job. This is something I should decide before continuing on the route of the job search.
2. Three books/five years: Woaizhongguo: My Year Searching for Love on Chinese Internet; Philosopher-chef: Sauteing My Way to Self-Transformation; A Wisdom for All Seasons: Travels with Socrates, Buddha, Confucius, and Thoreau. Analysis: This would have to be self-financed, which I could probably afford. At the end of this period, I would have to find some job. I always said five years away would be a good thing.
3. Spend this year travelling and then take the job at Sichuan University. Analysis: This only came about because I happened to meet Bill. Still, it looks like I might be a leading candidate for this position. I mean, I don't necessarily want to teach in Chengdu, or anywhere in China. But I could actually be working on the China dating book while this is going on.
4. Spend next year in China working on the book and then return to the States to get MSW. Analysis: I'm thinking of spending the two months travelling and then probably needing to get a teaching job in the spring, but maybe studying and blowing all the resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment