Sunday, September 12, 2010

The craziness continues

The craziness continues unabated in the morning. Probably should just have stayed up all night so I could at least have a reason to be crazy. Now, well-rested, you would think I might be a little more rational. At least I think that wast he reason I took the xanax last night that I knew would knock me out. But no, the schemes are flying as fast and furious this morning as last night. Most recently, I got the idea of running a marathon every weekend in cities that I might theoretically be interested in moving to, but not necessarily be limited by those cities. So I have saved a page listing marathons for the next two months. It looks like I missed the ZOregon wine coutnry marathon, which was September 5th. A related idea involves just driving around and visiting towns I might consider living in. But the fun just starts there. Last night's favorites--either getting a TEFL certificatin in Chiang Mai or volunteerin in Laos, are still in contention. If I did the Chiang Mai TeFL, I would make a point of trying to train and then run in the Bangkok Marathon onf Nov 21st. It should be added that all of the above would be combined with a 4 week winter dhatun.Then I have considered writing to SMC and renewing my request to simply stay on in a volunteer fashion there indefinitely. And then I have considered doing a trip through China in order to work on the dating book and combining it with a stop over in Thailand either on the way home or there. Let's see, what else do I have on the crazy list. Oh yeah, it is always possible for me to start cooking school in a coupl of weeks. And as if that weren't enough, I just spend time looking up Outward Bound Expeditions as well as Linbladt Expeditions to the Galapagos Islands. I figure I could combine that with a sting volunteering in Haiti and throw in an expedition to Peru at the end (why the hell not). SO I think that is enough craziness. Let's review: (1) Driving/Running around America, (2a) Volunteer Laos (2b) TEFL in Chiang Mai (3) China (4) SMC retreat (5) Cooking School. I still need to include Esalen on here somewhere, since I've checked out a couple of their programs. I get exhausted just thinking about it and can't imagine having the energy to do any of the above

No comments:

Post a Comment