Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A little thing called malaria

In Border's right now. I have spend the last hour or two in the travel section. The trip to Southeast Asia has been derailed due to a little thing called Malaria. I still might do it, but I will definitely take anti-malarial meds this time, if I go. Again, not sure this is a risk I want to run. I mean, maybe I am just looking for reasons not to go. But this in fact seems a pretty good one. Picked up a book "500 places where you can make a difference," put out by Frommer's which lists a bunch of volunteer vacations, and there seem a couple of good options here, including one program volunteering in Chiang Mai, which would be a lot cheaper than the Laos trip, though not as interesting. I think if I go to CM it would just make more sense to get certified. Of course, I could get certified and volunteer. But I might choose just to do the certification and then travel around Thailand for a month. That actually sounds like a pretty good option at this point. But hey, who the hell knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment