Thursday, January 21, 2010

RN 12110: Lack of Imagination

It strikes me that I am not being very imaginative. I mean, this trip essentially consists of my visiting places I have already been: Tokyo, Thailand, Chengdu. In each case, there is a reason. A good friend in Tokyo, a friend in Chiang Mai. In China, I know I can trust the school and I have a good friend in town. That will make things easier should things go wrong, as they have a tendency to do. Still, not on the whole very adventurous. By contrast, I was investigating land routes from Chiang Mai to Chengdu and came across a very detailed description on how to do it. It certainly sounded adventurous. Pulling it off would be certainly not be boring. But at the end of the day, I simply realized I didn't have the stomach for it. I consoled myself by telling myself that since I would be carrying probably a couple of thousand in cash in order to pay for tuition that it made no sense to take this route. But in truth, the cash had nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment