Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where Things Stand

Something is preventing me from pulling the trigger on this trip. It is probably a number of factors: The scattered and uncertain itinerary; the expense; the lack of purpose. That'll probably do for starters. But in all honesty I don't know what else I would do if I did not go on this trip.

So what am I going to do? Probably go to Japan around Feb 3rd and visit one friend, fly down to Thailand a week later and visit another, who now might not even be there. Perhaps be met byu another friend in Ko Samui. Go to China and study for three months. And then go to Nepal for two weeks. And back to the states by mid-June. I mean, I really don't see a purpose in any of this. They say, not all who wander are lost, but that is consistent with the claim that some who wander are. That said, my cousin in all likelihood is going to come through on the buddy pass to Tokyo, and from there I will have to then use my united miles to get me down to Thailand and buy a ticket to Chengdu. But if Glen's not in Bangkok, I may just head straight to Ko Samui. Which means I should probably buy that Bangkok to Chengdu ticket soon, and probably will right after I hear from my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment