Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Peter in L.A. day 2

Well, it has been an interesting day. I started by taking a walk/run up Runyon Canyon, not even knowing what the hell it was except a line on my map that looked like it went up into the hills, which it did, a beautiful winding uphill path with great views of the city which seems to serve as the prime dog walking spot in the area. After returning to the hotel room I made an appointment to see this residence hotel which I found on Craigslist. It's called Grammercy Place and as best as I can describe it it is a sort of hostel for adults, very reasonably priced at $210/wk for a two share bunk bed room. There is a common kitchen and laundry as well. I was more than happy to book a week here to carry out whatever the hell it is I plan to do here.

So I moved my meager belongings into yet another starnge room and headed out in the afteroon to explore a bit and drove up to Griffiths Park, an incredibl nature preserve in the midst of LA which I simply would not have imagined as being there. I wandered a couple almost empty trails, doubtless because it was the middle of the day and all respectable folks were working, but still I was amazed to find this greenery. On the way back I stopped at Ralphs, a large supermarket relatively nearby and loaded up on groceries. So excited was I to have the opportunity to prepare my own foods that I probably spent more than I would have if I had bought my meals out.

My search for housing was fairly meager today, but I explain that by the fact that I had to find housing for the upcoming week. I replied to a craigslist ad for a roommate in the nice part ofWest Hollywood around where I stayed last night. In addition, I telephoned someone about a posting for a studio near USC. The studio it turns out will not be shown for another week while the guy with the roommate situation has not responded. All in all, a productive day--in one sense of the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment