Friday, January 28, 2011

Peter in LA, day 4, pt. 1

The day does not start well. When I go out to make tea, I accidentally lock myself out of my roo, It is five a.m. I must now wait three hours (at least) until the office is due to open. Well, it could be worse.I am at least semi-decently dressed, have access to my food and the internet. Still, not a good sign. I have been reflecting on whether there exists some middle way between moving out to LA for six months and staying at my sister's in Tucson.Of course, moving out to LA for six months as itself supposed to be the middle way between travelling aimlessly for six months and stayin at my sister's house.Funny how that works. This idea occured to me last night as I was contemplating joining a runner's group for the LA marathon which has been going on for four months. They have been running weekly and the marathon is in two months. So it would be crazy to even ask to sign up, even though physically I could probably jump into the run. The same with the writer's group I had contacted. How to join a writer's group when you haven't written anything? So there is a theme here of moving too fast, although the sense that time is running out is certainly a motivation. In fact, the more I think about it, joining a marathon training group that already has been going on for four months is a pretty good metaphor for what I am trying to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment