Saturday, August 29, 2009

Yesterday

Plans keep getting interrupted by extenral events and need to be altered. First it was the notice from the Peace Corps which essentially required me to put aside the trip the the Buddhist retreat center. And then yesterday I got the first piece of positive feedback on the book I've written about the two years with the Peace Corps in China. As a result, though, I will probably have to put aside any travel plans I had for the time before the Peace Corps starts in early November in order to complete a polished version of the manuscript. I have a feeling this is going to be a theme. Plans made being interrupted by events as they happen. Although I think it is good to have a plan, I think it is important not to proceed with eyes set too rigidly on any one particualar course of action lest you fail to take account of events as they are unfolding. I've always been one to believe that the universe may be trying to tell you something so you need to keep your ears open.

No comments:

Post a Comment